Friday, July 24, 2009

Fall of Efrafa - Owsla


Artist: Fall of Efrafa
Album: Owsla
Genre: Neocrust
Year: 2006
Origin: UK

Fall of Efrafa are a sludge/crust/post-metal band from Brighton. Apparently they are a concept-band about the mythology in the novel “Watership Down” By Richard Adams (which I haven't read). Anyway, the songs on this, their debut album, are epic and crushing in all the right ways, starting out with a simple and dark cello intro and building their marching army of sound as they head to the crash against rocks that is the self-titled final track. I also have the second album, and I guess the third is out now so I would love to hear it; I wonder, will they disband after the trilogy, or just let the 'concept-band' idea fade away.

receive album

3 comments:

Charles D. Ward said...

Sludgecrustpostmetal?? Whoa, gotta hear this.

I have seen the animated film version of Watership Down often enough as a child though it terrified the hell out of me. There's some real ominous premonitions and bloody bunny-warfare goin'on.

"Briiiight eeeeeeyes, burning like fire..."

TheChiefCommie said...

haha, I HAVE to watch it after reading that.

Mike Hanus said...

I heard this demo a while back. Real good stuff. highly recommended. Great post!