Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fen - Ancient Sorrow

Artist: Fen
Album: Ancient Sorrow
Genre: Black Metal
Year: 2007
Origin: UK

I thought I should post this EP since I mentioned it in my top albums list this year. It didn't come out this year, it's just much better than Fen's newest album. I can't exactly say why I feel that way, but this one was more along the lines of atmospheric black metal, where the new album seems to be based a lot more on post-metal. I like black metal more than post-metal, but I'm not the type of person to disown a band for going vntr00; this release just seems more filled with emotion. Anyway, if you're into atmospheric black metal you've probably heard Fen, but if not you should try it out!

receive album

1 comment:

Charles D. Ward said...

Agreed wholeheartedly. EP > Full-length.