Saturday, October 24, 2009

Punch - Punch

Artist: Punch
Album: Punch
Genre: Hardcore / Thrash Punk
Year: 2009
Origin: USA

Punch is a powerviolence/thrashcore/very-fast-punk band from my local metropolis, San Francisco. The female vocalist is extremely fierce, which accompanies the band's blistering speed and heaviness perfectly. The lyrics are of course quite important to the band, with vegan and feminist ideologies featured prominently in those that I read. I only came across this, along with the band's only previous release, the Eyeless EP, very recently, but I think this is definitely a promising young group.

receive album

2 comments:

Andrei Gorchakov said...

This is great, thanks.

Charles D. Ward said...

Why didn't you ever tell me you were from SF?! As evident from my psych rock reviews, it's like my favourite city I've never been to!