Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Grouper - Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill


Artist: Grouper
Album: Dragging A Dead Deer Up A Hill
Genre: Shoegaze / Ambient
Year: 2008
Origin: USA

Grouper is a one-woman band from Portland, Oregon making fuzzy, wavering, super mellow, and eventually catchy music. Dragging A Dead Deer... is continuing my recent trend of posting music listenable only through headphones - don't try to play this one through your laptop speakers. It's not exactly "song"-oriented music, but the track Disengaged is especially beautiful. It looks like she's gone huge recently (at least on Last.fm), which is a little surprising but certainly deserved.

I noticed that this has the same tag-things as the Nadja post, and I suppose the same kind of people would enjoy both, but they aren't quite the same. This one is much more acoustic and pop-y. I only use those tag-things to draw people who might be interested in a particular post anyway.

receive album

2 comments:

Charles D. Ward said...

... as do I. :) With the tagging, I mean.

More poppy, I wanna wanna wanna have this badly.

My computer is connected to a very good (though very old) amplifier to two very big, very good (though very old) speakers so I will ignore your advice and play this through the regular system which sounds better than any set of headphones I've ever listened through. Long live the seventies, when durable quality stuff was made.

TheChiefCommie said...

Sounds like a nice setup! I have a stereo with good sound quality that I hook up to, but often I use headphones for a more 'personal' feel, and also to protect others from my vile, abrasive music.