Sunday, August 3, 2008

Primordial - The Gathering Wilderness



Artist: Primordial
Album: The Gathering Wilderness
Origin: Ireland
Genre: Dark Metal
Year: 2005

This album is a masterpiece. Primordial has many great releases, but this is the zenith.

I think I can safely say I have heard a lot of sad and depressive music before, but this is the only album I can truly describe as "sorrowful". There are very few pieces of music that have this kind of emotional impact on me. But although it is the height of mournful music, it would be incorrect to say that the emotions I experience are negative. Music is often the most sad when it is accompanied by the most beautiful and haunting melodies. The vocals are anguished without being unpleasant, and the guitar riffs are epic without any hint of being overly drawn-out.

band site

recieve album

No comments: