Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Revocation - Empires of the Obscene


Artist: Revocation
Album: Empires of the Obscene
Genre: Death Metal
Year: 2008
Origin: USA

Revocation comes up big with this debut album, a very thrashy death metal release. As you may know, I'm not big into death metal unless it has something special going for it. And this band does, with brilliant songwriting and thrash riffs that should really make anyone wonder why people buy that monotonous crap from Cannibal Corpse and the host of other generically br00tal death metal bands.

receive album

3 comments:

Charles D. Ward said...

I wouldn't say I really [i]like[/i] it as such, but indeed I would propagate this as 100 times as interesting as most of their peers.

Charles D. Ward said...

Also the cover reminds me of the main city in Final Fantasy 7.

TheChiefCommie said...

Hahaha, I was just thinking about how much I like the cover, but I didn't connect it with Midgar until you mentioned it.